“The mind becomes a monster when it becomes your master. The mind is an angel when it is your servant.”
Mediation is by far the easiest way to change your life.
Meditation is a practice where an individual uses a technique – such as mindfulness, or focusing their mind on a particular object, thought or activity to master your mind. One can use mantra, pranayama (breathwork techniques), mudra (a posture, typically with the hands) and a focus point all used in combination to train the mind.
When your conquer your mind, you can do anything! The mind is so useful. I like to think of it as a tool. One element that makes you, your wonderful and unique self.
You are still you no matter what your mind is thinking, planning, advising or arguing about.
The mind is there to help you, to serve you. You can separate from your mind- you can even observe it.
Meditation is the best tool to master your mind.
Benefits of Meditation
Even just a few minutes of daily meditation provides benefits such as:
- 3 minutes: Affects circulation (blood) and electromagnetic field.
- 11 minutes: Changes glandular system- pituitary gland and nerves begin to learn and change.
- 22 minutes: Balances and coordinates the three minds – positive, negative and neutral minds. They will work together so your mental integration changes.
- 31 minutes: Affects all the cells and rhythms of the body and all layers of the mind’s projection. This affects your whole mind and aura.
- 62 minutes: Changes the gray matter of the brain. Integrates the subconscious “shadow mind” and the outer projection.
- 2 ½ hours: Holds the new pattern in the subconscious mind by the surrounding universal mind. The cycle of prana and apana so what you gain will hold through the cycle of the day. It holds change in the subconscious.
Weekly meditation is time I give to myself. No matter how stressed I am or how much I have to get done, Lisa’s sessions remind me to take this time to become more and more of myself. To reflect and be present and intentional in everyday life. I have learned these practices and try to implement them in my every day life now, thanks to Lisa!– Dennisah Francis
I would have never known how powerful meditation can be if it was not for Industrious offering weekly meditations.
Long Term Benefits of Meditation
When you change yourself, you change your community- your friends and family and those close to you.
One way to simplify meditation is to incorporate mantra. Chanting mantras, either silently or aloud is a conscious method of controlling and directing your mind.
Man means mind. Tra means to tune the vibration.
Mantra is a sound current which tunes and controls mental vibration.
Is it the “directive psyche”, a word or words, combination of syllables, which help focus the mind. Such words have enormous power.
Happiness or sorrow, joy or regret are vibratory frequencies in the mind. We can call them attitudes or beliefs, but fundamentally, they are vibratory frequencies or though waves. They determine the kind of program our mind “plays.”
Which scenario we choose to hold on to becomes our vibration defines how we feel and what we project to others.
From Kundalini Yoga: the Flow of Eternal Power, Shakti Parwha Kaur Khalsa